|2010 Year in Review
||[Dec. 31st, 2010|01:48 pm]
- Twitters first Developer Conference in San Francisco, Chirp and got to see family in the area
- My first cruise -- a 7 day Royal Caribbean cruise to Haiti, Jamaica, The Grand Cayman Islands and Cozumel with Marilyn
- Went horseback riding on a somewhat wild horse named Alarma in Cozumel
- Climbed a waterfall in Jamaica.
- Scalloping at Homosassa Springs
- Crab Feast in St. Petersburg!
- Stayed at the Don Cesar in St. Petersburg for Nate and Bekah's Wedding
- Went to Miami Beach for Nate's bachelor party and stayed at the iconic Eden Roc
- Started a 4'x9' vegetable garden
- Began composting
- Bought a wheelbarrow
- Had our first yard sale at this house
- Cleaned out the garage to where we can actually use it
- Dropped cable TV in favor of using Plex, Netflix and Hulu
- Digitized most my DVDs and media. Still a few to go, but the bulk of the work is over
- Slowly increasing savings and investments on Vanguard and following investment advice from John Bogle
- Had a major disagreement with GE over them charging me $400 for something they broke. Complained on Twitter and they resolved it before my check was even cashed.
- Developed an appreciation for beer
- Went on an indoor plant buying frenzy resulting in many casualties. Only the strong survive.
Events and Entertainment
- Flaming Lips and Imogen Heap concerts at Hard Rock Orlando
- Got Disney passes and went to Epcot's Food and Wine Festival way too many times
- Saw Jonathan Coulton and Paul and Storm at The Social
- Saw Rick Springfield and Boyz 2 Men at Epcot (but we missed Hanson)
- Largest holiday party so far over at our place
- Tron Legacy Midnight release with Marilyn and friends
- Lots of movies. My favorites that came out this year were Inception, Exit Through the Gift Shop and The Social Network
- Favorite TV shows discovered were Breaking Bad, House, Jericho and The Colony
- Played through Mass Effect twice and Mass Effect 2 almost twice and loved them both
- Thanksgiving at Marilyn's Moms, with firetruck and family
- Went to Plazaween in costume with Marilyn and friends
Programming and Technology
- Launched Cost Per Click for SponsoredTweets
- Helped get SocialSpark V2 launched and did a tiny bit of work on WeReward
- Started organizing hack days and lunch-and-learns at work, we even had a chance for a hack week!
- Completely dropped organized hosting on Dreamhost in favor of S3, Posterous and Github.
- Launched MovieFly, then a few months later Miso launched
- Changed AdamFortuna.com into a splash page instead of a blog
- Started a mobile blog for pictures taken from my phone
- Moved ArcadeFly over to Heroku
- Bought an iPad, a new shuffle running and upgraded to a iPhone4
- Started learning iOS development
- Started working on a new site in Rails 3 that should launch next year
- Messed around with some new technology over the year including node.js, redis, websockets, css3, html and mongo db
- Upgraded to Road Runner Lightning, and slowly backing everything I have up to BackBlaze
As for new years resolutions? Probably increase savings a bit more, eat a little healthier and spend less time on the couch. Like to eat out less and get better at creating the things I love to eat and drink from scratch including salad dressing, sauces and brewing beer -- and maybe later on wine. If there's one thing I want to do in 2011 though, it'd be launch the site I'm working on in my spare time, and do it right.
||most recent entries